A Brief History Of The Club

Cleethorpes Golf Club was originally named The Grimsby and Cleethorpes Golf Club and was opened on October 4th 1894. Lord Yarborough performed the opening ceremony.

In 1895 the first club match was organised against Beverley and East Riding Golf Club, the same year that a greenkeeper was appointed to maintain the course for the membership which numbered around 138.

Monthly Medal Competitions also began in 1895 and the first Club Captain was elected. The course was extended in this year and an additional groundsman was appointed.

The first clubhouse opened in 1897, with the present clubhouse being built in 1908 on land then belonging to the Rt. Hon. Earl Carrington. In 1928 a verandah was added.

In August 1908 the Directors of the club suggested to the members that the club should be made into a Limited Company, known as Grimsby and Cleethorpes Golf Club Limited. It was duly registered on December 9th.

In 1929 a request from the Urban District Council was received, asking the club to change its name to Cleethorpes Golf Club Limited. This was passed at an Extraordinary General Meeting on 8th January 1929.
Course Status
Currently open
16.02.2019 08:56
View Status
All greens in play. No other restrictions.
Book a Tee Time
Ready to book?

Our booking system will make it easy for you.
News
  • Mothering Sunday - 31st March 2019
    newsthumbnail
    31.03.2019
  • Moggies Night-SOLD OUT-Sat 9 March - SOLD OUT
    newsthumbnail
    18.02.2019
  • 125 year Opens now online to enter
    newsthumbnail
  • Afternoon tea available, ¬£10.50pp
    newsthumbnail
  • Winter Warmer Green Fee ¬£20
    newsthumbnail
Weather
  • 2019-02-18
  • 2019-02-19
  • 2019-02-20
  • 2019-02-21
  • 2019-02-22
Need to know more weather details? Click here to see the weather for the next 5 days.